Disclaimer: These outlines are, to the best of my knowledge, original materials. Where appropriate, acknowledgement is given for “inspiration”. Content is intended to be mostly devotional in nature, although doctrine may “slip in.” Long-term intent is to post at least one outline for every chapter of the Bible.
Keith Anthony, 19 August 2017.
Philemon 1 Outlines
- Points to Christ (Philemon 6)
- Has Pardon for the Captive (Philemon 12)
- Has Prescription for My Condition
- Has Principle of Compassion (Philemon 16)
- Has Provision for my Crimes (Philemon 18)
- Provides Confidence (Philemon 21)
- Has A Promise of His Coming (Philemon 22)
Introduction: Is there something working effectually in you? If not, why not? Why are you hindering it? Why are you not helping it? Humbly allow it! What needs to be effectual? Prayer. Communication of the faith. See Ephesians 3:7 “effectual,” 2 Corinthians 5:17, 2 Corinthians 3:1-6 power to be effectual comes from God.
- Practicing Spiritual Medicine
- Perfecting the Spiritual Man – it is a process… there will be friction… there will be rough edges to round of
- Partaking of Scriptural Manna – eating the spiritual food, the word of God
- Performing Special Ministry – every Christian has a specific ministry, which he is compelled to fulfill
- Praying for Specific Miracles – we ought to work as if it all depends on us, but realize that it all depends on God… prayer is how we get God involved in it all and especially in the things beyond our ability
- Preparing for Servant’s Missions
- Praising His Spectacular Magnificence!